Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A few of our favorite baby and baby momma things

My son is almost 6 months now! I know it sounds cliche but time really does fly! It's hard to believe almost 6 months ago we brought him home. I thought since we are close to half a year flying by I could go over some of my favorite things for baby and maybe some momma liked.

For the newborn stage we loved the Aden + Anais swaddle blankets.  They are the best for swaddling when young and smaller and not as strong and skilled at busting out of the swaddle. They are light weight and breathable. If they accidentally cover baby's face you don't have to worry as much because they are so thin. They are great for light weight blankets for in the stroller too! They are bit pricey but totally worth getting at least one pack or adding to your registry. I've also scored and found them at Marshalls.

At first his favorite paci was the soothie kind that the hospital gave him (without my permission) grrr.. oh well!

I think maybe having a paci too early might have made it hard for him to master latching for breastfeeding. Although I did have flat nipples and he had a high pallet so that might have some to do with him needing a nipple shield. So on a side note.. nipple shields saved me for the first few months breast feeding! The first few weeks I had to solely pump but then we used nipple shields for 3 months and then he randomly started taking my nipple on his own! I was soo happy and proud!! I used the Medela shields from Target. If you do need to use them make sure to have at least 4! I had one in diaper bag, one upstairs, one down stairs and one at my mother in laws. I also tried the Ameda and NUK brands and both worked fine.

This is the type I'm talking about soothe paci. He also loved the soothie kind with the little stuffed animal attached to it for a bit. They are called WubbaNub. The things they like changes from week to week! You go out and stock up on what they like and so do you in-laws and then that little guy changes his mind!

His favorite for quite a while have been the Avent paci. They have lots of holes around the mouth area so they're breathable. He will only take the pacis where the mouth part is straight, he hates the ones that curve. My mother in law bought him a Tommee Tippee one and I was like oh.. he won't like that! It's his favorite one! They are hardly ever in stock at Target. Last time I was there I bought the last pack and our foster dog has already chewed the 2nd one in the pack. You always need to have back ups of the baby's favorite things!! I have always found mine at Target.

Another great thing we have that we loved was the bouncer seat!! We have the Ingenuity Brand one in neutral colors. You will use these all the time! They also are great for setting on the bathroom floor facing the shower and strapping the baby in so you can take a shower. That is literally the only way to take a shower sometimes!







No comments:

Post a Comment